My Etsy!!!!

Friday, February 15, 2013

"Martian"War of the worlds Sketch card for cult stuff



Alright....on to some more War of the worlds! this is another sketch card done for cult stuff, In the U.K. that is going to be included in their upcoming war of the worlds trading card set. There are some really awesome artists on this set, so get your hands on a pack if you can!

This is a depiction of one of the martians as described in the novel by H.G. Wells. This guy & a few of my other martians came out a bit cuter than I would've liked. I was trying to go for that innocent look that some wild animals have even though they are extremely dangerous, but in the end I think Mean an scary would have been more appealing. That is what I will focus on for my next 20 cards.

I was scheduled to only do twenty, but one of the artists dropped out, so I have to put a rush on 20 more...but I will make sure I spend plenty of time on each card to allow for adequate quality. I just thought this was a really fun set to work on. Done with copic markers.

No comments: