My Etsy!!!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Valkyrie in Marker

This is a valkyrie. For those of you who don't know, they were like warrior angels in norse mythology. It was believed that those who died gloriously in battle were selected by these shield maidens to be granted admission into Valhalla, which was the equivalent of heaven to any norseman. A place where you would eat, drink & fight for eternity.I used to do a lot of my work in marker & forgot how fun they are to use, I've somewhat lost my edge using them, so I've decided to practice again. I'll be posting a few of those drawings when completed to break up the monotony of the photoshop paintings. Actually I'll probably go back to them at a later date & see what I can do with them in photoshop as well, at least this way I can get the basic tones down so its less work in Ps. I did this drawing with the grey toned prismacolor markers & a brush pen.

No comments: