My Etsy!!!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Invasion Of Hoth color study

I'm pretty sure I've never posted this before... Just found it & thought I would mix it up with some digital. This is a speed painting done of the invasion of hoth. I know that the geometry leaves much to be desired, but I learned that its best to use the rulers & tools provided by photoshop in order to produce more accurate geometric shapes. The only thing I really love about painter is the ability to rotate the canvas at will to create straight lines, unfortunately in photoshop 7 although it can be rotated as such, its a process & is less intuitive than painter..... practice, practice, practice. Done in photoshop 7 with a wacom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey just saw this while typing in Hoth on Bing. It is gorgeous. I'm such a horrible amateur painter, so when I saw this I just did a Han Solo thawing in my astonishment. Wish you sold the original!